Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's a new start...

So this is the first time I have had a 'blog'. I mean really. We have all had our moments where posting 2-3 bullitins on MySpace.com was at one point considered blogging, but who were we we fooling.

I have to give credit where credit is due. I have always talked about having a blog to help me as a form of expression for writing, but as I sometimes do, I talk a big talk. So, I have to thank Sarah D. for re-starting her blog and inspiring me to actually get off my butt and do sometime about this. Thanks sis.

There are a lot of things to consider before creating a blog or, as I learned, you can feel a bit of pressure to come up with some things in the creation process: a URL, a title, colors, pictures, layout, etc. And those are just the basic! Don't get me started on CSS. I never made it that far in web design.

It took me about 20 minutes or so to get it all together the way I wanted. I decided to choose the title "The lane of life; and vice versa." because while some people walk a path or road or some other form of a pebble walkway, I believe my mother named me correctly, I walk a lane. And as I walk this lane of life, I hope that this blog will help you join me and keep you informed on the life of Lane.

No matter how you came about my blog, I am gld you did and I hope you return to stay tuned in. I will try to be entertaining and engaging for those of you who dare to even want to read it, but the only thing I can promise, is that I will be myself. There are only a few people in this world who I feel really know the true me, and I hope that in this way, I can allow more of you to see what my thinking process and feelings are.

Thank you all for being in my life and supporting me when I have a pimple on my face. : -)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I am SO HAPPY you did this! I can't wait to see what you write....love you always. You are one of the best people I know, Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go my friend. A lane is one of my very favorite places to walk and meander about. I am glad life brought our paths together dear friend. I'm excited to watch this progress. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete