Monday, October 18, 2010

Singing answering machines

So I have a lot of things going on in my life. Getting an apartment of my OWN for the first time at the end of the month, starting some classes for self-improvement, getting a new job and working a temporary job until I start my new one.

Things seem to be going well. I feel like life in general is finally going as God has intended it, with a little hard work and positive influences. So in this process, like I said I am working a temp job at a call center doing some political calls to Texas, Connecticut and New York. Every once in a while I will get a Radio campaign sent to me but being so close to elections, it's mainly political.

 I am simply amazed at how many people SING their answering machine messages. I mean we all at one point have wanted to be the next Rolling Stone band or the next Susan Boyle, but come on, really. Any average person would keep these episodes to the shower or the car or at the most a Karaoke Bar. I mean, don't these people have friends or family like my sister Jennifer to just lay it out there and say, "Hey... Ya, no!"

But then I started to realize that I, yes I, Chistopher Lane Blackmer, do not listen to people about whether or not they like my singing when I bust out into some Eminem, or Regina Spektor or even the occasional Disney song. (ok, who am I kidding, I sing mostly Disney!) And after a short thought process, I turned this rediculous judgement of these singing answering machines into a state of envy. These people really must love to sing and be happy enough to share it with anyone who thinks of dialing their number, even some 28 year-old who is calling from a call center from Idaho with some political speal they don't want to hear about anyway.

So I take this lesson, and challenge myself, and YOU reader, to let go a little and express yourself this week in a way you normally wouldn't show others. If that means you sing aloud to yourself at the mall or wearing a scarf (because it's that season) in a way you have seen others wear it but have never had the COURAGE to do it yourself, then do it! And if I start singing to you on your voicemail, well then ...

1 comment:

  1. I like your message "try something out of the ordinary"....it's a good one. Thanks for posting, sweetie...very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete